Truly Active Adult Living
Walton Communities is recognized as a company known for its commitment to maintaining high standards and top quality programs and amenities like our Legacy Centers. These dramatic multipurpose community centers, are designed just for our active adults 55 and up. They are the heart and soul of the each Legacy Community. An elegantly appointed, comfortable place, this facility features cozy personal space, which includes the Library, Business Center, and Morning Room, as well as roomy, functional areas for large groups. A Coffee Bar, featuring a variety of coffees and teas, is provided free of charge so that residents can sip coffee with neighbors while relaxing on the comfortable sofa, or read a magazine or newspaper in quiet solitude. The game room is equipped with card tables and an abundance of board games to enjoy. The craft room is the perfect place to explore those hidden talents and bring out the artist in you. The main gathering room, features a large screen TV with Dolby sound is a great place to enjoy a movie with friends.
What makes our company unique is our focus on creating a community that meets the needs of the individuals and families in a community with a caring and professional team. It is our desire to promote a sense of community, and to provide more than just another place to live. Walton Communities proudly offers several Affordable Living opportunities at our Active Adult Apartment Communities designed especially for those adults 55 and older who desire a neighborhood experience. This Affordable Living Program offers a significant discount from standard rental rates. Those eligible for this program will be able to lease a one or two bedroom apartment for a reduced rental rate – a potential savings of up to 30% off the market rate.
To QUALIFY, your household income must be BELOW those listed on the following chart:
Legacy at Walton Oaks
# of Occupants
Max. Annual Income
Resident Selection Criteria
Prospective residents for this apartment community will be selected in accordance with applicable Federal Regulations. Resident Selection procedure will be as follows:
All applications will be accepted for consideration during regular office hours. A preliminary review of the application will be made to determine whether:
- The application is complete.
- Credit references, rental history and supporting documents have been provided.
- The application satisfies the LIHTC requirements of eligibility and Management’s underwriting criteria for eligibility.
The applicant’s household Gross Annual Income may not exceed the Income Limits as established by IRS Section 42 and the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
No more than 2 individuals per bedroom are allowed. The apartment must be the family’s primary residence.
Household may not be comprised of all full-time students.
Roommates: No more than three unrelated adults shall be allowed to rent or reside in an individual unit. Each married person shall count separately when determining the number of unrelated adults for purposes of this policy. “Adult” means an individual eighteen (18) circumstances in which separate applications are required. The income requirement of two and a half (2.5) times the monthly rent can be met by combining the gross incomes. The combination of the separate incomes addenda.
Pets are allowed with certain restrictions and with a $200 Pet Deposit and a $20.00 monthly Pet Fee.
Selection criteria is based on, but not limited to, an ability to provide the following:
- Applicant must be age 55 or older for communities designated as “Active Adult”
- Must have verifiable employment or some form of verifiable income (Social Security, Child Support, Pension, etc.)
- A demonstrated ability to make timely payments
- Comments from at least two landlords showing a history of properly maintaining the rental apartment
- Information concerning prior housing history, concerning, but not limited to tenancy termination for fraud and/or a failure to cooperated with re-certification procedures
- Good credit references
- A demonstrated ability to maintain present housing in a safe and sanitary condition (which could be verified by a home visit)
- Family size appropriate for available apartment size
- Birth certificates, social security numbers and other legal documentation as requested
- A demonstrated ability to live independently
- Police criminal record check
- Information concerning illegal drug use and/or activity by all household members
- Applicant’s ability to understand and agree, in writing, that upon execution of the Lease
- Agreement and all attached Addendums these documents shall be binding contractual obligations between the parties